Cypress child custody has two parts under California law: physical custody and legal custody. Joint custody allows the parents to have joint physical custody and joint legal custody. However, the court can award joint legal custody, and not award joint physical custody. Under physical custody, one parent may be granted sole physical custody where the child would reside with and be supervised by one parent. Under joint physical custody orders, the parents share physical custody, and the law ensures that the child have frequent and continuing contact with both parents.
Sole legal custody allows one parent the right and responsibility to make decisions about the health, education, and welfare of the child. Joint legal custody allows both parents to share these rights and responsibilities. California law does not establish a preference for sole or joint custody in contested proceedings.
There are considerations the law establishes in making Cypress child custody awards. Public policy of California is to ensure the minor children frequent and continuing contact with both parents. Also, custody orders must be made according to the child's best interest. Domestic violence and a history of abuse will be considered by the court in determining the child's best interest. Move-away/relocation cases arise when one parent seeks to move to another jurisdiction. The court must evaluate the child's need for stability and continuity. Move-away/relocation cases are generally hotly contested.
Spousal Support/Alimony Lawyer
California spousal support can be temporary and long-term. Temporary support can be awarded while a dissolution or legal separation is pending. The court may award an amount depending on he party's need and he payer's ability to pay. Judges typically use the support software when ordering temporary Cypress spousal support.
Long-term Cypress spousal support may be ordered by the court in any amount, and for any period of time that the court deems just and reasonable. In making a determination for support, the court must base its decision on the marital standard of living. The court must also consider the extent to which each party's earning capacity will maintain the standard of living established during the marriage. The complete list of factors the court must consider are found in California Family Code section 4320.
Limited Scope Representation
California attorneys are allowed to provide Cypress limited scope representation to clients involved in family law and civil cases since it was approved by the Judicial Council. Many parties to family law and civil litigation actions would like the help of an attorney for parts of their cases, even if they cannot afford full representation. Attorneys may appear at court hearings even if the attorney did not prepare the legal paperwork. In contrast, attorneys can prepare legal paperwork, but do not have to appear in court if the cause of action actually gets to the point of having court dates. Most people find that having an advocate at the court hearing helps alleviate additional stress that is naturally created with litigation.
Cypress Divorce Lawyer
A Cypress divorce is more than the end of a marriage. How the issues are addressed will affect your life and impact your loved ones. Family dynamics and finances are complex. When confronted with a divorce, the future feels uncertain and overwhelmingly complex.
You need a Cypress divorce lawyer that is well versed in California State divorce laws. We are accomplished, experienced, and compassionate Cypress divorce lawyers, able to handle the most complex and involved cases.
With Cypress Divorce Lawyer Joe Torri on your side, you can move forward with confidence and breathe a sigh of relief.
About Cypress, CA
Native Indians that lived in little villages called Rancherias were the first inhabitants of California. As a hunting ground, they obviously found the region to be profitable. The Native Indians of the region primarily trapped small animals or ate nuts, berries, roots, herbs, or grasses.
The dominant Native Indian tribe in the region was roving bands of Gabrielinos who foraged around the lush grasslands of what is currently known as Cypress that was fed by many different artesian wells, looking for the abundant food found in the area. These early inhabitants of Cypress lived in shelters that were constructed with conical shape of poles and covered with fibers or thatched grass.
The first people who lived in California were dressed as scantily as traditional dwellers of Southern California in the summertime. The either women wore two piece petticoats or short shirts. While some of the men wore a breechcloth of skin or bark that was wrapped around their waist, usually most of the men went naked. When the weather was cooler, both sexes wore robes that were usually made from rabbit skin, and while they sometimes wore sandals, they primarily went barefoot.
Only a small percentage of the Native Indians in the region were influenced by the only mission in Orange County, which was at San Juan Capistrano. The Gabrielinos were the dominant Native Indian tribe in Cypress. However, recently there has been evidence to indicate that other Native Indian tribes did live in the area, quite possibly in order to share the abundant food that the region possessed.
A 400 year old skeleton of a member of the Chumash Native Indian tribe was uncovered during the excavation for the Cypress Library, which is currently the Boys and Girls Club, in 1965. At approximately the same time, there were similar finds made in Long Beach and Buena Park. These Native Indian tribes traveled in plank canoes that were waterproofed with a kind of tar known as Brea. They fished around the Channel Islands and next to the coast from Santa Barbara towards the south. The result of these discoveries is that some experts have theorized that during their inland hunting trips, the Chumash Indian tribe might have visited the old Los Coyotes drainage channel.
The arrival of the Europeans greatly changed the way of life for the Native Indians. In 1769, Spaniards first arrived in the Cypress region when a man named Gaspar de Portola led an exploratory group into what is currently known as Orange County.
A retired Spanish soldier named Manuel Nieto was granted some 300,000 acres of land that included the location of what is currently known as Cypress in 1784. Manuel Nieto died in 1804 and, with his large holdings, was one of the richest men in California. Up until 1833, his four sons kept his huge estate intact. Then they petitioned then Governor Jose Figueroa to subdivide and distribute the large amount of land among the heirs of the estate.
The oldest son named Juan Jose Nieto received the Los Coyotes and Los Alamitos ranchos that included the Cypress region. Soon thereafter, Governor Figueroa purchased Rancho Los Alamitos, also known as Little Cottonwoods, for approximately two cents an acre or about $500.
A Yankee merchant named Able Stearns purchased Rancho Los Alamitos for $6,000 after the governor died. This was the first purchase of land made by Mr. Stearns, who became the largest and richest landowner in Southern California.
In 1840, a French mariner and merchant named Juan Baptiste Leandry purchased Rancho Los Coyotes. The economy in Southern California was built on the tallow and hide profession and the state was dominated by life on a ranch between the 1820's and the 1860's.
Mr. Stearns created the largest cattle and land empire in the region with Rancho Los Alamitos being the center. Mr. Stearns easily became the richest rancher in Southern California. However, the great day of the great empire was short lived. In 1849, the gold rush boom caused the prices to increase and there were many ranchers who increased their holdings too quickly. The prices started falling by 1860.
In 1861, numerous cattle were drowned as a result of a great flood. Some ranchers experiences some difficult times. Next, many ranchers were ruined due to a long drought period. Thousands of livestock died and the money borrowed at high interest rates couldn't be repaid. The first rancho that was lost was Los Alamitos. For the sum of $20,000, Mr. Stearns mortgaged the rancho to a man named Michael Reese in 1861. In 1865, Mr. Stearns lost the rancho to Mr. Reese.
Some investors established the Robinson Trust, which controlled the land empire that Mr. Stearns owned, since he had back taxes due on the majority of his land and was deeply in debt. The largest rancho which totaled almost 278 square miles or 177,796 acres was Rancho Los Coyotes.
Prior to his death in 1871, Mr. Stearns was able to amass sizeable assets and liquidate his debts. The Trust started selling between 120 and 160 acre tracts at prices between $2.50 and $10 an acre.
They sold rapidly since the land was capable of irrigation and primarily fertile. As a result of the completion of the transcontinental railroads there was a large influx of people into California. This original effort at subdividing land in Southern California turned out to be a great success. Mr. Stearns had been in California since 1829 and it was amazing that he pioneered this modern technique of selling real estate.
The panic of 1873 slowed this first boom in Southern California. However, during the 1880's, there was another boom. This transformed the region. Between 1866 and 1884, the population of Los Angeles increased from 12,000 people to 100,000 people. In 1889, the separate County of Orange was created as a result of this boom.
During this period, numerous communities were laid out next to the railroad lines. Agriculture was the dominant activity in the new Orange County. The development of irrigation systems in the 1880's diversified the growing of citrus and farming, which was aided by the boom.
In 1878, a man named John Bixby leased the Los Alamitos ranch to raise sheep. In 1881, Mr. Bixby bought the ranch. Because the land values in Orange County had increased so much due to the boom of the 1880's, it wasn't profitable to graze sheep on the land. The Los Alamitos ranch was subdivided three ways in 1888. However, much of the land in Orange County still belongs to the descendants of the Bixby family.
The sandy soil of Cypress allowed the leading crops of sweet and white potatoes to thrive. The Bixby Land Company helped to promote a sugar beet facility in Los Alamitos in 1896. Sometime later, sugar beet facilities were built in Anaheim and Santa Ana. These plants helped to ensure that the farmers in Cypress farmers had a cash crop in sugar beets, but also helped promote dairy farming because sugar beet refuse and tops made great feed for cattle. The railroad shipped the fresh milk to Los Angeles. An additional market for local dairy farmers was provided by a condensed milk factory that was built in 1889.
The Cypress region was known for sorghum for many years. The McWilliams family, who had operated a sorghum mill in Texas, arrived in Cypress to start another sorghum mill. They only produced 100 gallons of syrup their first year. However, their business steadily increased when other farmers started growing sorghum cane. They produced 15,000 gallons of syrup in 1907.
The Pacific Electric railroad ran between Santa Ana and Los Angeles in 1906. The new railroad station was named Cypress. In 1929, the construction of the Texaco Tank Farm helped the expansion of Cypress. In 1933, a major earthquake hit Orange County. There was a considerable amount of damage to private homes as well as businesses in the area.
Cypress was the 3rd largest dairy district in the US during the late 1940's. The Cypress Park and Recreation District was created in 1949. The population of Cypress was 1,616 by 1956. That same year brought the incorporation of Cypress, which was known as Dairy City. The name of the community was officially changed to Cypress in 1957.
In 1958, three City council positions were filled by a general election. By the end of 1959, there was approval for a Master Plan of Arterial Highways. A building department was created for Cypress in 1960. The population of Cypress had increased to 4,100 people by 1961. The Elizabeth Dickerson School opened in 1962.
The Clara J. King and Lee Damron schools opened in 1963. In 1964, the Robert C. Cawthon and Juliet Morris schools opened. In 1965, the Frank Vessels, Sr. School opened. In 1966, on a former dairy pasture, Cypress College opened. The Cypress Civic Venter was dedicated and the Christine Swain School opened in 1967. The District Offices, Steve Luther, and A.E. Arnold schools opened in 1968. The population of Cypress had again increased to 31,026 by 1970.
In 1974, the Community Center opened. Some 18.2 acres of new open space was acquired for the development of five local park areas, eight neighborhood parks, a nature park, and community park facilities.
Joseph Torri, Attorney at Law is no longer accepting new clients. Also, Mr. Torri is not offering a free initial consultation.